Wednesday 18 January 2012

Well here we are Wednesday already, Hump Day as one of my friends calls it.
Yesterday I shot up to my daughter's to measure a friend for a medieval kirtle (dress to those of you not in the know) Now I need to find the time to sort the pattern and get it cut out. For those of you who don't already know I have pretensions of being a seamstress and my daughter and I make costume, mostly medieval but with a few others thrown in (see our facebook page "History Stitchery" http://www.facebook.com/pages/History-Stitchery/227351787300111for which I will attempt to make a permanent link on the side of the blog one day when I can work out how to do it!
This time last year we even had a small exhibition at Bexhill Museum of our costumes and some of our reenactment kit and artefacts.www.bexhillmuseum.co.uk
On Monday I also acquired a flyer for my spinning wheel (Thank you to Shelagh in Battle Wool Shop. battlewoolshop.co.uk) so now all I have to do is find the time to learn to use it! By the way does anyone know where I can get a Round Tuit?

No comments:

Post a Comment