Wednesday 25 January 2012

A week has passed since I was able to waffle on here. Having said that Friday, Saturday and Sunday were spent fighting the migraine that had started the previous Sunday, sort of gone away and had the temerity to recur! Of course working full time in a Residential School for Special Needs students means working shifts, although luckily not overnight and add to that being a carer for my mother and also my daughter when they need it, it  leaves less time for other things than I would like.

However by Sunday afternoon I was able to go to the school swimming pool with the aforementioned daughter and the two grandchildren for a "swim". I use the term "swim" loosely as I sort of breast stroke/doggy paddle up the pool then hang on to the steps at the deep end for 5 minutes to recover and then return to the shallow end in a similar manner.(Ducan Goodhew has no need to worry). I enjoyed the 20 mins or so in the pool eventually managing four lengths, although I found it cold even though it probably wasn't!
On the way back home with the family it was dusky and all the birds were singing their evening songs in the trees in the school grounds. The wind had dropped and it was still and calm and absolutely beautiful.

Since then it has been damp and wet although not really cold and I have been concerned about the daughter who suffers from Fybromyalgia and finds this damp weather hard to cope with as it triggers her aches and pain. I went to see her straight after work at 4pm staying til about 7.30 and I was right she is suffering and there is nothing I can do to take the aches and pains away :(  so I will send her healing and good energy vibes and see how she is tomorrow. I admire the way she seldom gives in to her disabilities and tries to do "normal" things for the sake of her children. I know she suffers a lot more than she lets on and life is a tremendous struggle fo her. It is time life let up on her a bit and let her a least have les other worries even though we know her fibro will not disappear.

Although things can be very tiring sometimes, I am a lucky person, I have a fantastic daughter who is also my closetst friend, 2 lovely grandchildren, my mum, brother and sister-in-law, a cousin in New Zealand who is also like a sister and some wonderful friends and colleagues. I live in a nice town (well to me anyway) in a nice house and we manage to get by. Who could ask for more really?

and so to bed, to sleep, to sleep perchance to dream!


No comments:

Post a Comment