Saturday 7 April 2012

Yesterday was my Mother's Cousin's birthday and today I went to see her with the cards and presents as she was out when we phoned yesterday. The cousin is the youngest of my Mother's cousins being the daughter of my Grandfather's youngest sister, who got married in 1932 and the point of this waffle is that today I was given  the christening gown that was made out of my Great Aunt's wedding dress. My cousin has no children to leave it to and her brothers have never been interested, so as she knows I am a seamstress and that I love historical costume (as does my daughter) she is happy for me to have it and keep it in the family. Any one who wishes to see more pics please feel free to visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/History-Stitchery/227351787300111
I was also given the stockings she wore for the wedding and a nightdress case made for her by my Great Grandmother but I don't know when it was made so have no idea how old it is. Again there are more pics at the above address. at a later date I will also be given the family bible as she knows another of my interests is family history and I have done a lot of research into my family.

1 comment: