Saturday 31 March 2012

First time in an Ambulance!

It is finally the Easter Holidays and the students all went home today. At one stage I thought one of them would not get the coach as we were stuck in the hospital where the student had been taken by ambulance that morning having been poorly the previous night and again in the morning. I was chosen to travel with him, possibly as I had been with him during the previous evening and was around the next morning. We had to wait some time to see a Dr as the A&E was fairly busy. I have every admiration for the staff who work there and who work in the hospital generally as it is always busy and they work so hard and are always cheerful and kind. Eventually we saw the doctor and were able to get a taxi back to the school. However the coaches were due to leave at 1 and as it was 12.45, I thought we would not make it. Luckily they decided to hold the coach back and wait for the student who then got on having had no breakfast or dinner. They said however they would have some food available on the coach and I hope the student got home safely and was not poorly again!
It was a very different work shift from the norm and a first for me going in an ambulance where the medics were lovely to the student.
We do see life as my Mother would say!

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing article nice to read this thanks for sharing find best waffle maker products

    ReplyDelete