Thursday 10 May 2012

The weekend just past was the first reenactment of the season for me and mine (but only the daughter came as the grand children were with their fathers) so we went off to Caldicot castle in Wales for the bank holiday. We had a good time meeting up with some old friends and some new. it was a bit watery at times and we ended up packing up in thre rain on Monday and also having to cancel our "Wars of the roses in 20 minutes" as the arena was far too slippery and totally unsafe which was a shame, it had been fun doing it on the Sunday!
Our Group won a prize for the Best Reenactment Group which was fantastic and on sunday evening we went to the castle to have a dance and I had a jive for the first time in about 20 odd years it was fun but breathless!
The drive to and fro went very well and was relatively stressless.
the daughter and I really enjoyed ourselves as we always do when we do reenactment and are looking forward tho the next one which is much more local ie Badlesmere in Kent
Until then a craft fair and more sewing and a museum sponsored walk and goodness knows what else! Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for a beautiful blogger award. go to my blog to see why. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have also nominated you for a Beautiful Blogger Award! Look at my blog to see why! XXX

    ReplyDelete